Highlighting your blogging experience.
Facebook is a popular social media platform since its birth in 2004, allowing us to share our photos, videos, memories with the world and keep in contact with friends family and loved ones from afar. Though not without its cons having a history of speading fake news, explicit images and a few little “security issues”, it still stands tall with over 8 billion users and growing. Businesses even use the platform for highlighting and selling their products. So why not share your blog or promote your website for gaining that extra traffic!
After your happy with the design and content of your website, gaining that traffic can be tricky, weather your waiting for that organic traffic or sharing on your social media or bugging your friends or family, we eventually gain more followers down the track. Sometimes we can hit a wall of days maybe even weeks with no likes, shares or comments. It might make you feel a bit down at times but just keep in mind that even the popular bloggers deal with this every once in a while, where they have those “Gone Fishing” days. Thinking time, research and a bit of communication takes time and patience. Browsing the web myself, I found a number of websites mention using Facebook for promoting your website and using it as a blogging platform. Although it’s not officially used this way it does have useful elements to still upload posts, media and links to promote your website.
We have the basic options of sharing and promoting our content via our own personal social media, so don’t be afraid to create that identity for your website to spotlight your content. Plus it saves your personal profile getting piled up with mixed posts and your vacation photos. Customising your page should be quite simple, these are my tips on promoting your blog on Facebook.
- Starting off, your profile picture would most likely display your website logo. Cover page is whatever you wish really (some people display their logo or cover picture from their site).
- Add extra content posts to your page to target new followers specifically from Facebook. Write these in your Facebook timeline so they aren’t linked to your webpage that way you can promote your Facebook page from your website with “extra content” tagged.
- When writing blog posts from your website, don’t forget to share to your Facebook page and other social media pages you have.
- Ask questions. Anxiety and lack of confidence are major leeches when trying to start a discussion so asking simple questions can help gain some insight or inspiration for a new topic or content creation.
- Don’t forget to ask for help when you need it. There’s always a friendly hand to help if you just ask. Taking note of the last dot point, thousands of bloggers go through writers block or anxiety issues, take a break when needed and don’t overload yourself. It’s meant to be fun too 😊
With a little research, you may be able to find other smart ways of promoting your website. Instagram, Twitter and YouTube are other popular ways, all with different elements to highlight your blog or website promoting experience.
Visit my PJC0 Facebook page here: fb://page/1535627863234732